So, in short (all figures are approximate):
- 170 odd riders – some deciding on a shorter course
- 40 made it through the weather to the top
- 20 of the super-speedy made it down before the weather closes in
- 67 riders were taken off the mountain in mini buses (with bikes to follow)
- Hypothermia claims 2 people who are taken off in ambulances
- Three further bikes make it home crossing the finish together in joint 21st and last place
Two are riding Bianchi’s and the third, a Brompton!!
And the long story?
– Watch this space